Thursday, February 17, 2011

Current Event- Toomer's Corner

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=6129272



I am not a fan of either school, but this article caught my eye. Although this is late (due to me forgetting my password), This article is worth giving a read. 3 things caught my eye- 1. The man's age, which is 62 years old. 2. He called in to a radio station to let them know what he did. 3. He could get up to 10 years in prison?
Although I do not condone what he did, 10 years of his life should not be payed for the lives of two 120+ year old Oak trees. Oak trees can be replaced, but 10 years of a mans life cannot. They would be wrong to be giving anything more than a fine, and probation or something.

College rivalries are terrific, They bring out the best in a lot of people, but also the worst. It is a shame that things have become so malicious between these two schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment